These are guidelines ONLY. They are not requirements for all projects. Each project has its own individual requirements and should be checked depending on who you want to service for. In fact most clients require a computer bought in the last 5 years or so (desktop or laptops work fine)… with stable internet… and a headset… period. Most classes are conducted through Adobe services which can be tested by clicking here or the test button.
You do need a cell or home phone to do the voice assessment and attend meetings, etc. but most clients understand the VOIP network stability is comparable. Please refer to the opportunity announcement for additional requirements, but you can click here for general instructions and/or watch the video below.
A laptop or desktop/tower computer with a separate monitor is recommended but not required.
1. 1.6 GHz Dual‐core CPU (processor) or greater
2. 4 Gigabytes of RAM or greater
3. 1280 x 1024 (SXGA) screen resolution
In order to help ensure your success, you must have a strong working knowledge of computers including ‐ but not limited to:
- Being able to use a mouse and computer keyboard
- Ability to navigate through multiple screens
- Knowing how to create, name, save and delete a folder
- Being able to shut down and turn on the computer properly
- Understanding how to use e‐mail including sending and opening email
- Understanding how to navigate the computer’s files and desktop environment
- Functional knowledge of programs including how to launch and close a computer program
- Knowing how to use the Internet including navigating to a site and using search engines like Google
- Maintaining an optimal workstation setup is key to providing the good quality and service to the client programs that your Independent Business supports.
- Client programs may have varying requirements for additional software compatibility. Please refer to the opportunity announcement for additional requirements.
Note: All‐in‐one (laptops ok) computers may not be compatible with some client programs. Please refer to the opportunity specifics.
Dual boot machines, Netbooks, and Tablets are prohibited from use.
- USB headset with microphone (needed for Certification) (Logitech, Plantronics, Microsoft, or similar brands headset recommended).
1. At this time Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 are supported for client programs using Arise Secure Desktop (ASD). Please refer to the opportunity announcement for additional requirements and restrictions. Windows 7 is usually required by most clients still. Windows XP*, Mac OS X or Windows Vista (Vista is in the UK only) may be supported for a limited set of opportunities.
2. Internet Explorer
Note: You are responsible for maintaining the security and reliability of its equipment. The following items are considered security risks and, upon detection, may subject you to the suspension or termination.
- Unlicensed or pirated software
- Malware infected software
- Virtualized Operating Systems (ie: VMWare, Parallels, etc.)
- Non‐Arise provided VPN software or Proxy settings
- TOR or other privacy software
1. Hard‐wired 3.0 Mbps download / 1.0 Mbps upload broadband Internet service via DSL, Cable, or Fiber Optic connection
Note: The use of wireless connections at any time is prohibited, even if the connection is encrypted. Additionally, Satellite, Microwave, and Cellular Hotspot Internet Services are not permitted.
2. With most clients a cell phone is fine however there are a few that still require land lines.
Note: Please review the client opportunity announcement for details.
- Utilization of any external devices (including but not limited to CD/DVD drives, printers, external drives, scanners, etc.);
- Copying/printing/reproduction in any form, including but not limited to local hard drive, email, chat/instant message, screenshots, handwritten or electronic notes, or pictures of any Client data;
- Connecting to any network other than the Arise network while connected to any client network (bridging networks, peer‐to‐peer/workgroup, etc.);
- Use of public applications including but not limited to social media sites, email, instant message/chat (other than with Arise or client representatives), and video/audio conferencing solutions not specifically approved in writing as necessary in performing a specific client’s tasks; or
- Desktop sharing or remote control of a desktop with anyone other than an authorized technical support representative.
- 1 Arise Workstation Requirements Guide
- 18.104.22.168.0.1 You do need a cell or home phone to do the voice assessment and attend meetings, etc. but most clients understand the VOIP network stability is comparable. Please refer to the opportunity announcement for additional requirements, but you can click here for general instructions and/or watch the video below.
- 1.1 Arise Workstation Requirements PDF